Sunday, July 28, 2013

What Really Matters? Just Matter?

. . . "that that part of the project must be given up, although he was indeed bitterly chagrined and excited for part of an hour, when the hour had passed over it seemed as if he had quite forgotten the dis appointment, so enthusiastically was he occu pied already with the new scheme substituted by his active mind."
Memories and StudiesWilliam James


Objects found on day before in the pack

And so it goes:
 
How's my darlin'?
 
I am sitting here by the fire trying to write something, to no avail. I will be reaching a point of no return, soon. Crossing paths, it seems to me a recurring, albeit most welcome event, with a particular tribe, the Ute, reminds me that nature is a force with which to be reckoned. Places I have squeezed between, today, where the sandstone nearly touches, might be a warning, one would think to heed.  But, contrary to what the Ute said, I believe I might take this shortcut, anyhow, avoiding the arduous trip around the mountain to the other side.
Higher up you can see many layers exposed, this will tell some more of the story of which it seems there is no end.
I lay here at night watching the stars, it seems that it really does not matter if I do or do not gaze to those heavenly bodies. Out here it seems that the only thing that does matter is my memories of you and our children.
Comma , comma , comma ,

It matters to me (smile) xoxoxoxoxox

A Little Birdy


 

No comments:

Post a Comment