Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thought Experiment Transfixed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atchison,_Topeka_and_Santa_Fe_Railway

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_Shrugged:_Part_I



"Just do it," Laurie said. Sigourney and I both looked at each other and smiled. "Call Warren Buffet," said I.

Have you ever done a thought experiment? Frustration is the theme right now in the news. I am not inclined toward the right, after all my Mother is left handed. Actually, I can not tell my right from my left hand without looking to see which one is making an "L" which is quite silly, I suppose.
I imagine what it would be like to really have a vision for the future and to make it become a reality.

A fictional story is what I AM doing, I still can not figure out how to put all of this on actual paper to make it work.
A friend once said I just need to paint a picture of what I see in words. Good advice.


So here we are, the train has stopped. We have a break. We step off of the train for a bit. Mom holds our hands to guide us to this beautiful blue eyed Indian girl dressed in quite a different way from our minimal sun suits. She has jewelry. Beautiful silver with turquoise stones, tiny stones lined up in several rows. Hopi is what she says. Mom lets us try them on. We look at her and she smiles. "We will take these," says she to the girl. I am in love. I love riding this train, I love the landscape passing by our windows, I love the movement of the train, I love the small train stations. We step over to where they are selling sandwiches and Mom buys us lunch. I always feel so much better after I eat. My little sister grins up at me, showing off her new ring. So this is Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment