Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Bubbles and Stormy Weather


This day is most welcome, time to fold paper and laundry, origami, and relishing thoughts of the article in Selvedge "Back to her roots, Teresa Martins' Organic Designs,"  I like it because it reminds me of when a friend asked? ? ? who is my favorite designer. My answer would be Martin if she asked me today. I especially like her accessories. Anyone who is into fiber would love, love, love.. . .

I think she does a great job of using folding techniques.

I love how she layers upon layers. It is like Photoshop for fibers.

But, these you can wear.

I am thinking about bubbles today, as well. The reflection of life. A bit distorted. If you blink you might miss it. If you think too much. . .It pops.

I think it would be great to have a tube into an endless bottle of bubbles then just blow and blow and blow

xo Birdy

PS I saw some skirts like hers in Floyd, Va. I see this old house on my way and photo it over and over and

1 comment:

  1. I will blow bubbles with you. Do you remember the necklace Robin gave me that was a little fancy bottle of bubble solution? I remember wearing it in New Orleans and blowing bubbles down on a crowd in a club. Too much fun.

    ReplyDelete