Monday, May 20, 2013

Zero Onto Detail

 
 
OK, so here I am in the studio working on this little basket pendant while thinking about my friend Charlotte Richardson. She and I were good friends when I lived and worked in my studio in Downtown Dallas. She had a way of saying just the right things in just the right way when it came to just about everything. She brought with her one day this amazing handmade book with a closure made from a mysterious object. It was one of those things they used to put onto power boxes on houses to lock them (in a way). It was made of a lead looking metal. Somehow, she attached it to the front of the book where you could wrap a cord around it to close. This book was of her own handmade paper and board which was colored with watercolor. Just gorgeous. Inside, you would see perfectly crafted accordion fold white pages. I always thought her IQ was up over the edge.
I miss her dearly. She passed away a few years ago from ovarian cancer.
So anyway, I have been thinking of a way to attach knitted cord onto the basket necklace to form an interesting closure and what pops into my mind? Acorn holder? So this is what is on my table, today.

1 comment: