Saturday, March 16, 2013

Soap Box Story

A few years ago, I wrote a story about How The XXX Stole Christmas. It started with the fact that every single time I walked into Barnes and Noble Book Store I set off alarms. It so happens that I am one of those  people having a wardrobe of many duplicates of basic items like bluejeans and T-shirts, etc.  This wardrobe gets washed and dried many many times This wardrobe has something sewn into it. This something is made by XXX. The story had to do with Santa and his sleigh and that children wanted new jeans for Christmas. . .

Ok, so we all know that even cloth can be made from  fibers which can be electronic.

Think about that.

This morning I received e-mail from the feltmakers group that reminded me of that story. They are talking about why and how this can be used with felting.

 "Fashionable Technology" by Sabine Seymore is a great book to read. It will stand the hair on your neck.
As a matter of fact I just downloaded a copy onto my Kindle HD just so I can re-read this while waiting.

It is amazing what good things can be done with fiber. As in using it in sculptural pieces or in medicine. But. ..I hate the idea that marketing people can track how you smell, what you touch, how long you look at a product, etc! They can know where you are at any given moment.

Ok, now I have warned you. I will step off of this box.

Never do anything you wouldn't want anyone to know.

xoxo Bobbie The Bird

1 comment:

  1. See I am here. You are on MY list! Always. I will be more careful about what I wear!

    ReplyDelete