Monday, August 26, 2013

Once In A While. . .

 
Once in a while something can be ugly, I mean really ugly.
But, when turned a different way or looked at in a different way
it might not be. . .ugly. I am still deciding
I live near Virginia Tech and of course the colors are Orange and Maroon or
whatever you want to call it. But, I forgot about that when I dug into my yarn stash the other day to find something that would go with the yarn I recently dyed and this very cool dress which reminds me of the wall paper in the Noro Books and Magazine. I love the dress and fall is coming and so I am making a little bolero of this yarn. I wanted something quick and easy and I am trying to keep my mind busy so that I will not worry about someone very special who is going through some very rough times.
Also, I am making braids and starting an exotic little woven piece inspired by something I bought a few years ago in Asheville. It is a tiny piece done by Susanne Gerhandt . It has tiny pieces of fabric applied on top it reminds me of Albers color-work.  I love it and use it as a bookmark. Listening to a recorded book sitting outside under the umbrella with knitting and antique sewing items thinking about my stories and how I am going to get my buddy from place to place in New Mexico and writing in my journal, well this is such a positive way to spend my mind. I spent my youth moving furniture around and around my house and fluffing my nest, now I do it to my blog. :>
I never say that I am a photographer. I just take snapshots and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.
I hope you have a nice Monday
 
xoxoxo
BoingBoing Bird



No comments:

Post a Comment