Monday, August 12, 2013

Shaken

 
 
 
I used to put sticky stuff on the bottoms of my collection when I lived in SF. I need some sticky stuff on the bottom of my own feet. Reminds me of song on the Graceland Album of so long ago, diamonds on the soles of. . .that would work??
Someone close to me has just been diagnosed with esophagi sp? cancer. Waiting is hard, you just have to, that is all.
 
We have been painting inside and so every single thing gets cleaned and or changed. This brings me to a thought. The only truly original thing I have ever done is to finger paint using my clay which is colored with stains. It has been very many years since I did that first one. I painted a slab and then took a mono-print from that which is what is in above photograph. Now, I do that on fiber and then sew on it. Then, that gets altered. Then framed. The thought is that the color is still nice in the mono-print?
Our anniversary just passed recently so we spent some time in Asheville, North Carolina. My honey bought a metal praying mantis and I gathered for the winter things of fiber and Cochineal bugs to die red. Indigo and Cochineal. . .what a combination.
Now, I pray a lot for those I love and meditate a lot for those I love. I am cleaning a lot for those I love. I am cooking a lot for those I love. In the meantime, I am thinking a lot about the Silk Road.
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasaxoxox coo coo bird

No comments:

Post a Comment