Friday, September 27, 2013

Going Someplace?



The night came soon, too soon. The night was long, too long. Forever was a long time for two little girls thinking of the news that came yesterday. Riding the railroad was only on a game board. Thinking of 39 and one half hours just to get to Chicago is forever if you do not know what an hour is; how to measure time; what is Chicago?
Why does he want us to go? What is wrong with us? Why does he lock us out of the house? Does he love Mom and us?
The day was hot and sunny, the wind was blowing hard, these winds they make people crazy so the Indians say. I hear this from Mitch, he tells me so. The train is shiny and red in spots. Red is my favorite color, read is what I like to do with books. My library card is in my pocket book which I am upset because I cannot use it where we are going. I got it when I was four years old. Mitch says there are books on the train, though. My sis is too little to read, yet, but we are trying. She can play monopoly if we help her. She just won the beauty contest at the library auditorium, we took Can Can dancing lessons there, too. Dad is holding Mom’s left hand and carrying a large suitcase in the other while we follow behind. I do not like the smell of the train. It smells just like the bus smells and I always get sick and throw up. Oh man, this is too much. Why are we doing this?

And so it goes. . .the book thing. Sharing as I go. Too bad I have a flat tire.

The new Kindles came out this week. OMG what am I going to do? I want the 8.9". There is not enough band width to go around as it is. . .way too many gadgets dinging in the dark, already.
What a world I see, now. New glasses. Now I am full of mega anxiety knowing the dirt is there. I thought my abode was beyond clean, already. You say, "Take off the glasses?" Well, I called my honey adorable and his friends now call him doorbell. His hat I am knitting is almost done. It was started before I got sick. It is getting to look like fall.  His hat and the need for it.

xoxo Bat Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment