Saturday, July 13, 2013

Appreciation Day


 
The Kindle is a mind-saver for this one who is a collector of colorful items from all space and time. Space means many things.. I have thousands of books that are stored on shelves and I even have 2 library ladders for reaching up high, but the kindles I have take up little space and the library I have stored on these would drive me crazy if I suddenly had to put them onto shelves. Besides that, these I take wherever I go. Yes, they are still books in the normal sense of things.  My Kindle saved my mind when I was ill for so long.



 
Cameras are another thing I have. My computer is my keeper of many things. I love technology for the ease in which we can communicate, now. I laugh at it when I choose to treat a digital image with an old timey filter. I smile when I take a digital photo of an antique doll. I must admit that in my mind I am a thoroughly modern milly. I do many many things by hand because I find peace and balance in life when I concentrate on a brush stoke or a knit stitch and see this add up to something that I can then take a digital image of it to share with all of my imaginary friends all over the world.

 
In this verdant place I make as my home is a garden full of flowers and some vegetables and food for the deer, squirrel, raccoon, bear, chipmunk, birds of many colors, etc. You could think of me as a reverse pioneer in that I choose to live where most people would/could not. This is where the King's X lives.








I find joy in little things like coffee in my cup from Anthropologie, and Far Eastern furniture brought here from many places. I love to walk upon my carpets/rugs from Nepal and other mid-east countries. I know I am blessed to the extreme! But I am so very thankful for each and every day, for each and every person I know and love.
 
 
xoxo
 
The Bird






 

No comments:

Post a Comment