Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Friends and Family




In my garden, this is where I find moments of silence, except for the bluejays, crows, red birds, blue birds, woodpeckers, whiny baby birds, kitty cats, chipmunks, squirrels, deer, bear and 3 cubs, my honey sawing wood or pounding nails, the water sprinkler, the two cell phones, my flip flops flopping, the thunder somewhere not too far away, and black walnuts falling off the tree hitting the metal roof, gun shots in the distance, sirens on the highway far below, the train blowing the whistle twenty two times, someone driving on our gravel road, this could go on and on.

It is between these sounds is what I am talking about. . .

That is where all of the universe is silent in awe contemplating how big, how small, how infinite.


xoxox A Bird Song

No comments:

Post a Comment