Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Found Objects in Desert

 
Near the third mesa, we stopped at the trading post to buy a blanket. Found some old Russian trade beads and a pawned shell and coral and turquoise on string of weathered and very worn cotton cord. The velvet stacked on the back shelf was in many colors. Calico sacks were stacked to the ceiling it seemed to us a paradise with the baskets just like the one we found in the cave. Charcoal bits and salt along with a bit of sugar filled the poke. Saw Grand dad last month. He was on the Burr trail heading back to the mountains with the sheep. Old Uncle Sy had a fresh loaf of sourdough he gave us to eat. The trail is dark and dusty. Good thing or we woulda been stuck in the mud. Flash flood in the canyon nearly took dwights life. He grabbed for a branch and some Navaho pulled him out. I know how much I miss you, honey bun. Please don't worry much. You know I will be alright. I am givin this to a this guy who is headed for the post. Hope the kids are helping with the fields. I need to hire more help for when I'm gone so much. Sincerely with all of my love Elmer
 
 
With all my feathers in the right place,
 
xoxoBirdy

No comments:

Post a Comment