Thursday, July 11, 2013

Justify?

 
 
Justify?
 
Mark Twain(my hero maker) wrote about real characters, did he not? I have this naiveté about the way I talk this comes from growing up as a surfer girl in Southern, California with Disneyland in my back yard. This attitude gets me into trouble, sometimes, double trouble. I think the Mississippi river is always just down the street and that Indian Joe is hiding around the next corner. I want to be Huckleberry not Becky nor Tom. I want a raft or a canoe to float down the river that runs up to my property. Never happens, though. I am eternally young in my heart and I always have been just that. This head of mine is so full of stuff that I need to be older than the mountains to do what I want to do.
So herein, lies the tale. I just found out that the very same stars shine on you as shine on me, unless you are living on the other side of the equator and/or are in a different universe, or something. I also just found out that the very same water in the very same earth was here when it was/is created. The very same amount.. . . so. . .imagine that.
 
Seriously, if you take a piece of paper, how many sheets would it take to reach the moon. You would be surprised! I find these things out in the strangest places, like fiction books. The Mathematics of, Jorge Luis Borges for instance, written to explain concepts such as the question I just asked and Borges wrote about in his stories. Now, who do I believe. . .
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment